Tourism Impacts, Planning and Management
Publisher: Butterworth-Heinemann; 1 edition (July 30, 2003)
Format: PDF / Kindle / ePub
Size: 9.3 MB
Downloadable formats: PDF
Tourism Impacts, Planning and Management is a unique text, which links these three key areas of tourism: impacts, planning and management.
Tourism impacts are multi-faceted and therefore are difficult to plan for and manage. This book looks at all the key players involved - be they tourists, host communities or industry members - and considers a number of approaches and techniques for managing tourism successfully.
Divided into four parts, this text discusses:
* The growth, development and impacts of tourism
* Tourism planning and management: concepts, issues and key players
* Tools and techniques in tourism planning and management: education, regulation and information technology
* The future of tourism planning and management: issues of sustainability and the future
Up-to-date, international case studies are used, for example the impacts of 9/11 and terrorism in Bali, to illustrate and provide a real-life context for the theories discussed. Exercises are also included to consolidate learning.
* Links impacts, planning and management in tourism
* Global coverage and perspective with cases and examples from the UK, Australia and USA
* Takes an applied approach, using international case studies to explain and illustrate the theories discussed