Redlining Contracts: Practice-Proven, Hands-On Tips, Tricks & Power Nuggets on How to Swiftly Yet Thoroughly Redline Your Contract -and other- Documents
Format: Print Length
Publisher: Pinetop BV (August 28, 2014)
Format: PDF / Kindle / ePub
Size: 5.8 MB
Downloadable formats: PDF
"Redlining Contracts" provides a hands-on quick 'how to get started' intro reference guide for anyone who's starting out to redline request for proposals, offerings, contracts and other documents.
Jaap Nijssen is an author, procurement-, contract-, project-, and supplier relationship management expert. He turned his 27-years-plus bulging files of contracts experience inside out to convert the many questions he received on this subject into this compact booklet; jam-packed with practice-proven tips, tricks of the trade, and redlining power nuggets.
This booklet teaches you:
• When to redline contract documents (it's 3 times more often than most people think). You’ll be ahead of the pack and never again ask yourself where the heck things went wrong.
• Why your redlining activities should be appreciated, the challenges you're up against, and how you'll conquer them to reap the recognition you deserve. It's a matter of knowing your redlining ABC's, really.
• The 6 dimensions and 3 building blocks of Contract Governance that lead up to successful contracts, and how your redlining job fits in. It will help you point-out the importance of your contribution to contracting and contract success.
• The 7 Redlining Power Nuggets that help you to prepare for, be in control of, and amaze everyone with your redlining activities.
• The processes and techniques you need to cover (it's a bunch!) Leave one out, and you're bound for mayhem. Check 'em off, and you're solid.
• How to get key-players on board and on the same page, the way you want it (and even have them thank you for it).
• How to get the time you need (and how to secretly save yourself a bunch of time you can use to do other stuff).
• What dangerously mesmerizing words, phrases, and mean little text thingies to watch out for. You probably won't even see them coming.
• How to prevent being squashed by a double redlining avalanche (it beats running).
• How to use some of the most powerful redlining features in Microsoft Word and other software.
PLUS: This booklet comes with unlimited access to a special web page that gives you the latest info on redlining, and offers you free download of great extras like:
• The Contract Redliners’ Microsoft Word Quick Reference Print Versions - A nice free gadget that gives you a handy, easy-to-print, and carry-along referral of track and compare functions in Microsoft Word. Print it and have it at hand when you use the powerful features Microsoft Word offers you.
• The Contract Redliners' Extended List of Dangerously Mesmerizing Words - This file is packed with 150 words and phrases that should alarm you because they are your sure-fire one-way ticket to discussions, disappointments, and detriment. Check your documents for 'em and start asking questions.