Practice Kit for Medical Front Office Skills with Medisoft Version 14, 2e
Publisher: Saunders; 2 edition (February 13, 2009)
Format: PDF / Kindle / ePub
Size: 9.2 MB
Downloadable formats: PDF
Bestselling author Carol J. Buck has updated this innovative kit to provide you with real-life experience in preparation for your medical office career. The kit contains the tools you need to simulate your first two weeks on the job working in the front office of a medical practice. You’ll find 37 tasks divided over a 10-day period. Each task simulates a commonly performed administrative duty and many can be performed either on paper or electronically. For assignments on paper, you’re given actual examples of forms to be completed, such as daily schedules, history and physical reports, and attending physician statements. Actual file folders, pre-printed file labels, and appointment sheets are included to make your experience as realistic as possible. Two CD-ROMs feature the latest version of Medisoft Advanced Version 14 software, actual electronic forms, and MP3 audio files of telephone messages and transcribing examples.
- Contains 37 tasks that guide you through a two-week front office skills internship-like experience of print and electronic administrative exercises.
- Each task simulates an actual administrative duty of the medical assistant, such as managing patient scheduling in a multi-doctor practice or insurance and billing.
- Actual examples of forms and supplies are included in the kit, both print and electronically, to help you complete assigned daily tasks and support the experience of a real office setting.
- Regular content updates are available on the Evolve website.
- Answers to tasks are located in the Instructor's Resource Manual.
- The first CD-ROM contains Medisoft Advanced Version 14 practice management software to help you gain experience with an actual medical office software program.
- The second CD-ROM contains a library of actual medical office forms, a patient directory, and audio files in MP3 format for practice in taking phone messages and transcribing doctors' dictations.