My GPL Office Setup, A Beginner's Guide on setting up Free Business Software, CentOS Linux Edition
Format: Print Length
Publisher: Niall Donnelly; 1 edition (November 15, 2012)
Format: PDF / Kindle / ePub
Size: 6 MB
Downloadable formats: PDF
Business Backup Software Setup Guide - On FREE Software with No License Costs - Clear Precise Setup Instructions, Step-by-Step with Screenshots - No Knowledge Of Linux Is Needed - Ideal For Beginners - Includes Downloadable HTML Intranet Home Page For Your Office.
My GPL Office Setup
A beginner's guide to setting up FREE GPL business software in your office for a whole range of business processes. Any medium to large business with its own IT department has the internal skills to know and use open source applications licensed under GPL (General Public License), saving money on license costs (which are free) and support (by using a wide set of forums online). But often these products have complicated instructions for beginners, particularly the setup and configuration of the products.
My GPL Office Setup provides in easy to follow steps and screenshots all the actions needed to set up and manage your own office software, and implement new processes now, without needing a background in IT.
Set up new applications for Accounts, Projects, Production, Customer Management, Inventory, Online Document Management, Information Sharing, Internal Web, External Web Communities, People Management and a Meeting Room Booking System.
In addition, chapters include managing Employee machines, how Linux can help and what free GPL software is available for Office Productivity (Word, Spreadsheets, Presentations).
This book includes every step needed to install and configure each application, each step includes a screenshot, the action taken, a description of the action and why it is needed. Is this book for the absolute beginner? Not really, but if you are comfortable managing your own computer, then this book should be equally as manageable. Every effort has been made to ensure screenshots work on all versions of Kindle, the sample chapter can be used to check on your Kindle.
- GPL means General Public License, what this means for business software, why it is free, and how your business can both use and benefit from this software.
- Installing the main office machine operating system and configuring it within your network.
- Installing database management and the set of core required applications on the main office machine.
- Installing and configuring a range of business management applications to improve business processes for office admin, projects, production, document storage, inventory, customer management, room management, employee management, website and communities management, and internal information sharing.
- Setting up an Intranet Home Page on the main office machine, includes a free HTML Intranet Home Page.
- Review of employee machines and how they can use free software for office productivity.
- The operating system of this book is CentOS Linux. Do not worry if you do not know Linux, a summary of the top 10 Linux commands you need to know is provided to cover all actions in this book.
A sister book, My GPL Office Backup Setup, is also available for business owners who wish to ensure their office machines are correctly backed up at night.