How to Move Your Expensive Office to the Free Cloud: Keep more profit and lead your competitors
Format: Print Length
Publisher: Armstrong Publishing Smarty Pants Books (January 27, 2014)
Format: PDF / Kindle / ePub
Size: 7.4 MB
Downloadable formats: PDF
The Internet has increased the growth of technology to a dizzying pace. I know this technology explosion is scary to some. A well-established business can disappear overnight as some new technology disrupts the established order.
Ever hear of Kodak? Kodak was founded in 1888 in Rochester, New York. George Eastman and his successors built a multi-billion business of making cameras, film and printing paper. While the rest of the photography world worked to make digital cameras better, Kodak could not imagine a world without film. They will never be the company they once were.
If you run or manage an information or service type business such as insurance, investing or a web business, you need to see what is coming. There are new technologies now available that could dramatically improve your business. This disruptive, too some, technology will offer a great advantage to those that embrace it and ruin to those that do not see it coming.
You can now run a business with employees working from remote offices and they can be from anywhere in the world. You can dump the overhead expense of an office, save all of the commute time for you and your employees and still have better communication between staff. You can work anywhere you can find WI-Fi or through your carrier's data plan.
This book is a plan on how to get from here to there. It is a manual on the services available, mostly free, and how they compare. This tsunami is coming. The question is: "Are you going to be the disruptor or the disruptee?"
Here is what you will learn:
- Learn the pros and cons of a virtual office
- How to estimate your cost savings
- How to move your office files to the cloud
- How to pick your new, free cloud based office apps; Microsoft, Google or Zoho
- How to communicate staff to staff with IM, audio and video
- How to have video meetings without anyone leaving their desk
- How to collaborate and plan projects with free Google Sites websites
- How to optionally use Zoho CRM to track a lead to a happy customers
- How to print to any printer your own using Google Cloud Print
- How to manage incoming calls with a virtual PBX, Grasshopper and others
- Run your business from anywhere, anytime from your smart phone or tablet
My name is Dave Armstrong and I have been a technical trainer since 1983. I am also a business man having founded more than a dozen successful businesses since the 1970s. My purpose in writing this book is to help you understand and use the opportunities that these technological changes present. If you are one of the early adopters, you will gain a great advantage!