First Day of Spring
So I’ve been a little M.I.A. lately but I’m back in action. Well, sort of.. I woke up this morning with a sprained neck. Not quite sure how that happened, but it did. SO, I decided while I have this cup of caramel coffee on hand, a husband home to help with the littles, and no ability to get out of bed, I would lay down and write a blog.
So, it’s the first day of spring, and while that’s fantastic, I don’t know that it means a whole around our house, except that it’s another excuse to clean so I figured I’d share one of my favorite tips with ya’ll on how to “Spring” Clean your house, something we literally do a few times a year.
- Choose the rooms you’d like to clean
- Get a set of boxes
- Pack up your ENTIRE room, except the items you’ve used in the last 7 days. If you aren’t sure whether or not you’ve used an item, pack it up in the box.
- Then, clean that room as you normally would from carpets to walls.
- For the next 30 days, keep the box you packed in that room and only take out the items you use/need for that day. Once you’ve used an item, you may officially unpack it and put it away.
- After 30 days, giveaway/toss the box and everything in it.
This may not work for everyone, but, it’s my favorite way to clean, organize, and get down to the essentials.
Happy Spring Cleaning!