Egg Free Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookies
This blog was written with links so you can easily add things to your AMAZON cart and not have to worry about running to the store! Free Shipping & 2-day delivery for all you Amazon Prime members out there! ;)
There’s no wondering on why I typically don’t go grocery shopping. I want to buy everything new that I haven’t tried before. This time was no exception.. I found a package of grounded hazelnuts and just new that I had to use these for something.
From those, we decided to make gluten free chocolate chip hazelnut cookies with the recipe on the back of the Hazelnut bag, here.
The only thing I would change about the egg free gluten free hazelnut cookie recipe is that recipe would be to either not use the parchment paper or you may have trouble with the cookies sticking to it. That’s what happened to us. If you get parchment paper stuck to the cookies. A quick fix, if that happens, is to just soak a towel in hot water, then place the parchment paper with the cookies on top of the towel. Let it sit for a little while, then the cookies will peel off.
You can view the gluten free hazelnut chocolate chip cookie recipe on Bob Red Mill website, or by scrolling down below:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. .
- Mix flaxseed meal and water together in a small bowl and set aside to thicken.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Bob’s Red Mill Hazelnut Meal, coconut sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together almond butter, applesauce, vanilla extract and flax/water mixture. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well then stir in chocolate chips.
- Place approximately 1 ½ Tbsp (20g) of dough per cookie on the prepared baking sheet, leaving 1-inch between each cookie. Bake until set, 15 – 18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven to let cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then move to a rack and let cool completely.
We slightly altered this recipe from the original Bob Red Mill Recipe.
Save & Pin blog by pinning the picture below!